Sunday, March 03, 2013

Mother marries her son, already 6months pregnant

Betty & Farai Mbereko
A woman and her son have done the unthinkable – they have fallen in love with one another. And now they want to marry since the mom, Betty Mbereko from Mwenezi in Masvingo, is six months pregnant and expecting her son’s child.

Mbereko (40), who was widowed 12 years ago, has been cohabiting with her first child, Farai Mbereko (23). She confirms that she is six months pregnant and that she has decided it is better to “marry” her son because she does not want to marry her late husband’s young brothers, whom she says are coveting her.

Betty stunned a village court last week when she said the affair with her son had begun three years earlier. She said after spending a lot of money sending Farai to school following the death of her husband, she felt she had a right to his money and no other woman was entitled to it.

“Look, I strove alone to send my son to school and no one helped me. Now you see that my son is working and you accuse me of doing something wrong. “Let me enjoy the products of my sweat,” she told the village court.

Farai said he was more than prepared to marry his mother and would pay off the ilobola balance his father had left unpaid to his grandparents. “I know my father died before he finished paying the bride price and I am prepared to pay it off,” he said.

“It is better to publicise what is happening because people should know that I am the one who made my mother pregnant. Otherwise they will accuse her of promiscuity.”
But local headman Nathan Muputirwa says: “We cannot allow this to happen in our village, mashura chaiwo aya, (This is a bad omen indeed). In the past they would have to be killed but today we cannot do it because we are afraid of the police.” He warned them to break off their marriage or leave his village.

They chose the latter and have left the village for an unknown destination.

21 comments:

  1. This is unbelievably. but we need to know the spell that has come over the duo, it is absolutely un African

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has to be a new type of culture in Africa. We must get a new name for it. Marry my property

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is seriously sick!!!Maybe there's a history of mental illness in their family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd never my own mother who gave birth to me this is totally wrong,wrong..God is not happy at all seeing things like this happening..but still we can't be judging other human being bcz God is the only can..all I can say is may God bless them both..

    ReplyDelete
  5. well... They are consenting adults: however, I'm concerned about the baby. I hope they planned well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at the positive side: A wife can always leave, but a mother will love unconditionally. Because they are bonded by blood, how can they ever be apart? that's something to think about. Who knows what g-d thinks? Honestly, I hope the best for them. they might have something unique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abormination!GOD will help us in dis our today's world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never hard of sons getting pregnat by mom its carzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Which country is this? Don't worry, Obama is coming to approve of it in his second term.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is simply ridiculous, they should be ashamed and not even be explaining crap.
    guess they must be mentally unstable or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they shuld be crusefide

      Delete
    2. Really? Just really? If you are going to condemn people to such an archaic form of punishment you should at least spell it right. Its crucified.

      Delete
    3. Really? Just really? If you are going to condemn these people to such an archaic form of punishment, you can at least spell it right. Crucified.

      Delete
  11. This is Love and Lust at work. The mother seduced the boy to "do it" with her. The boy agreed reluctantly the first time, after that first time. The boy discovered that, Mumsy's 'honey pot' was even sweeter and juicier than those of his school babes...and he got hooked! it is their lives, pls let them rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is sickening!! For the love of money!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. good luck too them i hope they have a great life and good family

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why not? I got my mother pregnant but she scared to have a baby by son. I hope this case will get better result that mine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A guy fucking the whole he came out from is an abormination. lets regard them as a goat not a human being.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Why not? I wish them all the best and please do not be bothered by the comments of these hypocrits and religious zealots. If the two love one another, what is the problem?
    No, I did not love my sister nor did I go to bed with her. The age difference was too big.
    But incest is a stupid invention by bigots and religious zealots.
    Never wondered how 6 billion humans come from one man and one wife - Adam and Eve?

    ReplyDelete