|Late- Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu & Bianca|
The late Ikemba Nnewi, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, willed all his money to his wife, Mrs. Bianca Odinaka Olivia Odumegwu-Ojukwu, according to the bromide of his will exclusively obtained by Sunday Vanguard.
The 16-point will, prepared by the firm of Sir Emeka Onyemelukwe & Associates, is entitled, ‘Codicil, Varying, Revoking and Adding to my Will’, and dated, 16 December, 2009. The document was signed by the former Biafran warlord as the testator and two witnesses: Engr Mse Ezenuba and Sebastian Ray Afadi. It was the first codicil to the late Ikemba’s will dated 9 July 2005. Paragraph 10 of the codicil states how Ojukwu envisaged that peace will reign among his brothers.
He also explained why one of his properties, Nnewi House, in Lagos should not be sold.
DIM CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU-OJUKWU
Sir Emeka |Onyemelukwe (KGS) (JP)
PP. Emeka Onyemelukwe & Associates
17 Kenyatta Street,
CODICIL, VARYING, REVOKING AND ADDING TO MY WILL
I, DIM CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU, EZIGBO-GBURUGBURU, of NO. 7 Forest Crescent, GRA, Enugu, formerly residing at No. 4 Isiuzo Street, Independence Layout, Enugu, declares this to be a first codicil to my will which bears date, the 9th day of July 2005.
1. By my said will I gave absolutely to my wife Mrs. Bianca Odinaka Olivia Odumegwu Ojukwu, the real property, located at No. 7 Forest Crescent, GRA Enugu, Enugu State and property known as Plot No. 20 Cadastral B9, located in JABI DAM, Abuja and covered by Certificate of Occupancy NO. 4405.
1(a) I hereby declare that those two properties have since been transferred to my wife, Mrs. Bianca Odinaka Olivia Ojukwu, by a Deed of Gift (Gift inter vivos)) already registered.
2. In paragraph 5 of that will, I gave the property known as Jubilee Hotel on Jubilee Road, Zaria, Kaduna State to my daughter, Tenni Hamman.
(a) I have since sold that property.
3. In paragraph 9, 10 and 11 of my will, I devised and bequeathed my one hector each out of my 6 (six) hecters of land, located at Umuezena, Umudim, Nnewi, to my son Nwachukwu, my daughters, Nmegha; Ebele; Chineme and two hecters to my wife, Bianca Odinaka Olivia Odumegwu Ojukwu.
4. In view of the current problem in that parcel of land at Umuezena, Umudim, Nnewi, I direct that on resolution of the dispute between Obi Umezena and the Youths, what ever acreage or number of plots of land given to me shall be shared in the same ratio used in my will.
5. By my said will, in paragraph 12, I gave and bequeathed my interest in my mother’s property at Onwudiwe Street, Uwani, Enugu to my nephew Tom Bigger.
(a) Tom Bigger is my nephew to whom I devise and bequeath my interest at 56 Onwudiwe Street, Uwani, Enugu.
6. Also in my will, in paragraph 13, I gave my interest in my mother’s property at Thinker’s Corner, Enugu,Enugu State, to my nephew Robert Bigger.
(a) Robert Bigger is my nephew, to whom I gave all my interest in my mother’s plot of land at Thinker Corner Enugu. That plot of land is registered as instrument No. 29 at page 29, in volume 478 of the land Registry, Enugu.
7. I gave all my moneys in my account in Zenith Bank of Nigeria Plc. Bourdillon Street, Ikoyi, Lagos and Diamond Bank of Nigeria Plc. Garden Avenue, Enugu to my wife, Mrs. Bianca Odinaka Olivia Odumegwu Ojukwu, for the up keep of our children and herself.
8. OJUKWU TRANSPORT LTD
I hereby direct that on my demise, my wife Mrs. Bianca Odinaka Olivia Odumegwu Ojukwu shall take over my seat on the board of Ojukwu Transport Ltd. She may nominate any person of her choice to represent her in her absence at board meetings.
9. My wife, Bianca Odinaka Olivia Odumegwu Ojukwu shall retain my interest at No. 29 Queen’s Drive, Ikoyi, Lagos, which I fought hard to secure from the clutches of Lagos State Government.
10. I have thought about how peace shall endure within my brothers on the Board of Ojukwu Transport Ltd. And I have come to the conclusion that the Real Estate properties and companies shares of Ojukwu Transport Ltd. Be shared, except NNEWI HOUSE, which shall remain, the legacy, binding us an generations to come. This property at No. 1-3 Creek Road, Apapa, Lagos, shall still be owned by Ojukwu Transport Ltd. However, I suggest that my half brothers agree on one Estate Agent, who shall manage the property. Proceeds from that property shall be shared equally among the three sons of late Sir. L.P. Ojukwu yearly as a binding legacy for generations to come.
11. I hereby direct that on the sharing of the Real Estate properties of Ojukwu Transport Ltd. The shares accruable to me shall be shared equally between my children from Late Njideka Odumegwu Ojukwu and the children of Mrs. Bianca Odinaka Olivia Odumegwu Ojukwu.
12. I also direct that my daughters, Ebele Odumegwu Ojukwu and Tenni Hamman, be given a share of the Real Estate properties accruable to me.
13. I also demand that all the company shares owned by Ojukwu Transport Ltd. Be brought to a common pool and shared amongst the directors of the company.
14. I devise and bequeath my bungalow, at Abuja under Federal Housing Authority, HSE 41, 1st Avenue, 1(A) Road, Lugbe Estate, Abuja to my daughter Chineme. She shall own the property exclusively.
15. I devise and bequeath to my son Okigbo Odumegwu Ojukwu, my plot of land known as plot 10, Block 1, Thinkers Corner Enugu. He shall hold and enjoy the land exclusively.
16. In all other respects, I confirm my said will as modified by this Codicil.
IN WITNESS I have hereto set my hand this 16th day of December, 2009.